Our 2017 race will be happening on Saturday, August 12th! 70km and 40km distances.
This is a great opportunity to run an enjoyable but challenging ultra in one of Australia’s great secrets – Lerderderg State Park, while also supporting a local charity that performs a crucial role in undoing the harm caused by the abuse and neglect of children.
Volunteers will support you with food and drink (and encouragement) as you run from Blackwood township, via Mt Blackwood to Myrniong, before returning (part loop, part out-and-back) to a storm of applause and love (and a cheeky medal). Yay!
There is no minimum fundraising requirement, but we ask that you set up your runner profile on our everydayhero team and send at least one email to friends and family. Those who wish to drive their fundraising further, will find there are prizes involved! More importantly, you’ll be helping Berry Street in their mission:
- to help children and young people recover from the devastating impact of family violence, abuse and neglect
- to help women keep themselves and their children safe from family violence
- to help struggling mothers and fathers to be the parents they want to be
- to contribute to, and advocate for, a fairer and more inclusive community
- to provide foster care and kinship care when children can’t live safely at home
- Learn more about the cause – this event is supporting their Foster Care Camps – keeping it outdoors!
THE COURSE – check it out. It’s a beauty, and within a short drive of most parts of Melbourne. Be home for dinner!
The SHORT COURSE – that’s right, you can now take in much of the goodness without the training load!
ENTER – entries are open from April 1, 8am. Event date: Saturday, 12th of August 2017