Our 2019 race will be happening on Saturday, August 10th!
70km and 40km distances.
ENTRIES OPEN APRIL 1 FOR EARLY BIRD SPECIAL. GET IN QUICK – RACE LIMITED TO 100 PARTICIPANTS – WILL SELL OUT
This is a great opportunity to run an enjoyable but challenging ultra in one of Australia’s great secrets – Lerderderg State Park, while also supporting a local charity that performs a crucial role in undoing the harm caused by the abuse and neglect of children.
Volunteers will support you with food and drink (and encouragement) as you run from Blackwood township, via Mt Blackwood to Myrniong, before returning (part loop, part out-and-back) to a storm of applause and love (and a cheeky medal). Yay!
The field is limited to 100 runners, and we have unfortunately not been able to accommodate all interested parties. We recommend signing up on the day registrations open – our ‘April Fools’ day early bird special – both to save yourself money and guarantee an entry.
There is no minimum fundraising requirement, but we ask that you set up your runner profile on our everydayhero team and send at least one email to friends and family. Those who wish to drive their fundraising further, will achieve legend status! More importantly, you’ll be helping Berry Street in their mission:
- to help children and young people recover from the devastating impact of family violence, abuse and neglect
- to help women keep themselves and their children safe from family violence
- to help struggling mothers and fathers to be the parents they want to be
- to contribute to, and advocate for, a fairer and more inclusive community
- to provide foster care and kinship care when children can’t live safely at home
- Learn more about the cause – this event is supporting their Foster Care Camps – keeping it outdoors!
THE COURSE – check it out. It’s a beauty, and within a short drive of most parts of Melbourne. Be home for dinner!
The SHORT COURSE – that’s right, you can now take in much of the goodness without the training load!
ENTER – entries for 2018 will open in April.